4. Overcoming Intimidation Dave Holden
Our Missional Church 2016 conference saw us joining together with Hope Church Borders for a day of inspiration and teaching that we believe will lead to more people hearing the gospel and more churches being planted.
- What did God speak to you about at Together For Scotland 2016?
- What are the steps you need to take to respond to what God said?
- What vision or prayers inspired you and do you want to keep asking God for?
- Dave spoke about being intimidated when faced with challenges - what is intimidating you and what do you need to believe/remember to step into what God has called you to do?
- Which of the 6 characteristics of churches that impact their communities that Dave Holden mentioned most surprised you? Why is it important and what should it look like for King's?
- Apostolic and prophetic foundations (Ephesians 2:20).
- Proclaim a gospel authenticated by signs and wonders (Acts 8:4-8).
- Know that the Holy Spirit is given primarily for mission (Acts 1:8).
- Know that the Kingdom of God will be demonstrated primarily through the local church (Matthew 5:13-16).
- Believe the gospel is for everyone (Romans 1:5, Ephesians 2:14-16).
- They know the cost (2 Corinthians 12:10, John 16:33).
- Daniel Goodman spoke on gospel-centred discipleship. How can these questions (in this order) help us to help others be shaped by the gospel rather than anything else?
- Who is God?
- What has He done (in Christ)?
- Who are we? (The answer to this relies entirely on the first two answers.)
- What do we do? (Again, should be determined by the answer to first three questions.)